K.C. Martin has the experience and expertise to handle ANY clutch repair or replacement.
Your vehicle's clutch makes the connection between your car's engine and the transmission. A manual transmission, unlike an automatic, is directly controlled by the driver. As the car accelerates, adjustments with the clutch to transfer power to the transmission and wheels. The clutch connects the engine to the gearbox.
Do you think that your clutch is having issues? It's important to pay attention to warning signs that your clutch may be failing. It is important to repair a clutch before it leads to damage of other parts of the car-- which could cause a major costly repair.
Warning signs of a failing clutch:
- Gear Slippage: Your car starts to slip out of gear or is jerky when driving.
- Clutch Sticks: If your pedals become hard to press, your problem is a loss of pressure between the hydraulic links. While this does not necessarily mean that your clutch is failing, it does mean that you need to have the leaks repaired. Failing to have the repair done can lead to clutch failure.
- A Burning Smell: This can result from damage caused by overheating or as a result of normal wear and tear. Don't ignore it.
When one or more of these conditions happens, it's time to get your car into our transmission shop for a diagnosis.
In addition to inspecting the clutch our expert mechanics will also look for other potential problems that can shorten clutch life. These issues include:
- Engine oil leaking onto the clutch
- Transmission fluid leaking onto the clutch
- Clutch hydraulic problems (on hydraulically actuated clutches only)
- Mis-alignment problems between the motor, transmission, or bellhousing
21609 #A Hwy 99 Lynnwood, WA
Clutch Repair in Everett WA
KC Martin Transmissions
4.6 / 5 stars - based on 95 reviews
Complete form to schedule auto repair or service!
Service / Repair Description: