K.C. Martin Transmissions can handle ANY clutch repair or replacement.
Your car or truck's clutch makes the connection between your car's engine and the transmission. A manual transmission, unlike an automatic is under your direct control. As you accelerate, you make adjustments with the clutch to transfer power to the transmission and wheels. The clutch connects the engine to the gearbox.
It's important to pay attention to warning signs that your clutch may be failing. Keep in mind that a faulty clutch can lead to damage of other vehicle parts. This can make the problem even more costly.
Warning signs of a failing clutch:
- Gear Slippage: Your vehicle starts to slip out of gear or is jerky when driving.
- Clutch Sticks: If your pedals become hard to press, your problem is a loss of pressure between the hydraulic links. While this does not necessarily mean that your clutch is failing, it does mean that you need to have the leaks repaired. Failing to have the repair done can lead to clutch failure.
- A Burning Smell: This can result from damage caused by overheating or as a result of normal wear and tear. Don't ignore it.
In addition to checking the clutch our expert mechanics will also inspect for other potential problems that can shorten clutch life, these include:
- Engine oil leaking onto the clutch
- Transmission fluid leaking onto the clutch
- Clutch hydraulic problems (on hydraulically actuated clutches only)
- Mis-alignment problems between the motor, transmission, or bellhousing
21609 #A Hwy 99 Lynnwood, WA
Clutch Repair in Lynnwood WA
KC Martin Transmissions
4.6 / 5 stars - based on 95 reviews
Complete form to schedule auto repair or service!
Service / Repair Description: