65 Years in Business!by KC Martin Transmissions on 03/12/13
Happy Anniversary to US!
This year KC Martin turns 65! From 1948 to today, our company has continued to provide quality service and repairs to customers in the Lynnwood, Edmonds WA, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, Shoreline, Bothell and surrounding areas.
Turning 65 usually means retirement for most of us. In fact, more and more Americans are retiring earlier than that. For KC Martin, it is a milestone representing a lifetime of superior performance and dedication to our customers.
We may be turning 65 this year, but in some ways we're just getting started! As you may know, the Transmission shop has been here for about two decades, but adding a second shop goes to show just how much we have grown with our Edmonds WA and Lynnwood-area customers. There are few businesses these days with a long history in serving the public, particularly in the automotive field. At KC Martin Automotive and Transmissions our reputation is every bit as important as the bottom line, because reputation can make or break a business.
We thought it would be fun to take a look at what was happening in 1948, the year KC Transmissions was founded:
1948 Events & Facts MAJOR EVENTS:
- President Harry S Truman re-elected in upset over Thomas E. Dewey
- President Truman integrates the U.S. Armed Forces
- House Un-American Activities Committee accuses Alger Hiss of spying for the Soviet Union
- U.S. Congress ratifies Marshall Plan, approving $17 billion in European aid
- State of Israel created; admits over 200,000 European war refugees
- Soviet Union seals off land routes to Berlin; West responds with massive airlift of provisions
- World Series: Cleveland over Boston, 4-2
- Olympics held in London
- "Citation" wins Preakness, Belmont and Kentucky Derby
- Boxer Joe Louis retires
- Babe Ruth dies
- Popcorn sold on a mass scale for the first time
- "Scrabble" introduced
We will continue to post on this blog and on the blog at KCMartin.com in celebration of our 65 years in business. All year we'll come up with fun ideas on this theme.
From everyone at KC Transmissions, thanks for to all our customers for your patronage over the pasts 65 years! We look forward to another 65.